Obsessed with Vinyl

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm obsessed with vinyl! Why? Don't ask me, I don't know. Well, okay, I guess I do know why. It's because vinyl's properties are so low maintenance. Like felt, it doesn't fray (sometimes it does, but just a tiny bit, and I use scissors to cut off any offending threads). This means that it can be cut and punched in all sorts of configurations, and it doesn't have to be hemmed or stitched down. It's also got a lot of shape and stability to it, so it doesn't require interfacing.

Here are some coin purses I made with the amazing stuff.


I'm so glad I didn't get rid of all my scrapbooking hand punches because with a little coaxing, they work great (not super great) on the vinyl. I have a Zip'E Mate die cut machine, too, which I think is the ticket--but I don't have many dies to go with it. Gotta save up those Michael's coupons when I get 'em!


I've signed up for a bunch of events to sell my bags at (that's bad grammar, those dang dangling prepositions). I don't know if selling at events is really my bag, though. Especially those 2-day events, which are mentally, physically, and socially exhausting. If only I had an extrovert button I could push on myself, and voila, I'd be so excited to be out there, face to face with thousands of people. I'm in a quandary about whether to try to pursue more wholesale accounts, or sell them myself at the shows. No answers forthcoming today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP