Window Seat Cushion

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Some friends asked me to make a window seat cushion with matching pillows for their daughter's bedroom. They chose this gorgeous black and white medallion fabric. What a fabulous choice!

In the photo, it all looks so small, but this cushion is actually 77" long. That means that my 6'5" husband could lay across this window seat with his legs fully stretched out!

Although the easiest way to cover the cushion would have been to "railroad" the fabric (run the yardage lengthwise), I felt the medallion pattern would look like it was "sideways" if I did it that way.

So, I laid the fabric out widthwise instead. Because the cushion was 77" wide and the fabric was only 54", I had to have a seam. I carefully matched the pattern in the fabric, though, to make the seam as inconspicuous as possible. I bet you can't tell where the seam is!

1 comments:

Beth and Alfie February 4, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

That material is fabulous! You're right -- it looks better this way than railroaded. Great work and no, can't see a seam! :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP