A Bunch of Photographs

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I went around my house this morning and took pictures of some of my handmade items. The photos are posted on Flickr, but let me see if I can also post them here. I'm new at this--wow, I feel like a kindergardener!


These are a few cards I made for loved ones. I have often thought of having my own card making company because I enjoy card making so much. The first card on the left is made with little quilled hearts. The second is paper strips layed across a folded piece of paper, then hand trimmed into the heart shape. The third card is scraplifted from the Basic Grey web site and uses their papers. I added a few of my own little touches and revisions.


I bought this chair for $1 at a garage sale several years ago and reupholstered it in blue toile fabric. Even the fabric was recycled because it used to be a curtain in our old house. When we moved, I didn't want to use the same curtains anymore--but I was pleased to be able to find a new use for the fabric.


I have reupholstered just about every piece of furniture in our home. Partially because we can't afford to buy brand new furniture--but also because I love the hunt of finding a ratty piece of furniture with good bones, either for free or dirt cheap, and then transforming it into an altogether serviceable home furnishing. The sectional was purchased for $75. I definitely wanted a sectional in this room, so we would all have a comfortable spot to watch Lost and American Idol. And I didn't want unattached back cushions, which tend to flop over and need readjusting all the time. So, I was SO pleased to find this sectional, which was a faded dirty beige when I got it. I got the fabric on sale, spending about $120. Not too shabby for a sectional!

The big overstuffed chair in the foreground of the photo was a freebie on Craigs List. I covered it in a soft napped fabric, in between velour and terry cloth--about $25 total for that piece of furniture. Ahhh, it's heavenly, and the chair can fit a newlywed couple in a pinch (you have to not mind sitting REALLY close to one another, hence the newlywed).


More of my reupholstered furniture! I bought this chair and a matching loveseat for $50 on Craigs List. It had been covered in a faded and dirty green and white striped fabric. I have to say that I don't think this chair turned out as well as I had hoped (see the puckering on the back cushion?). But it will do for now--until I find something else to replace it with. I also made the pillows and the window treatments. I like neutral colors--can you tell?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP