No More Butter & Eggs

Sunday, April 25, 2010

No more Butter & Eggs Day, for another year at least. I always breathe a sigh of relief when a show is over--and I sleep like a log that night, too. Shows are a lot of work, leading up to that day, since I never seem to have enough inventory. And then, being outdoors from 7:30am until after 5pm is exhausting, doubly so if it's a 2-day show. But finally, I've gotten the hang of doing them, and they don't seem as daunting as they used to. I enjoy the interaction and direct feedback from customers.

In some ways, with this past show, I think I got a little too relaxed. Didn't push myself as hard leading up to it, didn't plan out how I wanted the booth to be laid out the day before, which is something I usually do. Also, my best friend Lisa usually comes to help me set up. She has a great logistical eye and usually tells me to move this rack over here, put these products in the front of the booth, etc. This time, Lisa didn't come (I told her not to, although she offered), and I lacked her discerning eye.

But the pendulum has to swing back and forth before it finds its comfort zone. After two years of getting stressed and nervous about shows, it's a welcome change to be a bit too laid back about one. Hopefully, I'll be able to find the right balance for my next show.

Speaking of which, my next show: Sonoma Plaza Ox Roast, June 5-6, 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP